Generous Darkhaven members have come together to sponsor and host a ton of events this Saturday, November 8th. Odds of winning something are VERY good right now based on estimated turnout. So get your friends and guildies together and join in for a chance to split prizes totaling 1,000 gold! And remember, you have to be a Darkhaven player in order to claim any prize. Here are the details from LEAD’s I AM ___, straight from >his forum post:
The event will consist of many mini-games with the overall theme of a scavenger hunt throughout the day. I will go through all the games in the following text.
-NOTE- at end of all games, STAY AROUND for timeline of next game and location.
— IMPORTANT — MUST PARTY UP — I’m giving enough head’s up to let you guys collaborate and find a party to travel through the different servers. – Contact one of the Beavah members to taxi into the same server so you’re not wondering where the heck everyone else is.
– I use military time, and am giving enough time for you to look at the timeline and convert to your time –
— Asura = scum race — Sylvari = master race —
. Scavenger Hunt – Just how it sounds – You will be going throughout Tyria to look for certain items that:
a) could be dropped by monsters,
b) solving a riddle that one of the [LEAD] officers make up (thus receiving the item upon completion of the question)
c) by simply buying it off the auction house – The scavenger hunt will be updated throughout the day, so if you come late, do NOT fret. Just ask me, or one of the officers and we’ll shoot you the hints that have been given out already.
d) winning mini-games
. Costume Contest – There will be three costume contests throughout the day, each one conducting a different theme. For the first contest, it will be only me who is going to judge, as the day goes on, more and more will be allowed to judge. The themes are as follows:
– 0630P//0830C//0930E: Skyborne Theme – Dress up in fashion that flaunts your agile maneuvering and aerodynamic abilities!
– 0930P//1130C/1230E: Fire Theme – Dress up in fashion that flares and out-shines your adversary’s get-up!
– 1130P//1330C//1430E: Darkness Theme – Deep purples, Sharp colors, Midnight black, however you want! Dress up in fashion that says you were born from the shadows and shrouded in darkness.
. Red Light, Green Light – This game is a simple copy of the popular game, “Red light, Green light”.
– I will have everyone start a certain point at a given location, and will be not too far away.
– RUN will be off, and WALK will be toggled on. – no running, no abilities, just plain and good ole’ walking.
– When I say “green light” – In any part of the text that I (and I alone) type, then you may proceed to WALK.
– Must have all gear/sigils/buffs/speed boosts off. – If caught using any sort of movement enhancing technique, you will immediately be disqualified.
– When I say “red light” – In any part of the text that I (and I alone) type, then you may proceed to stop WALKING. any movement henceforth, myself or one of the staff shall call your name out, and you will return to the starting point.
– The first one to either cross the finish line, or reach me (given the situation) shall be deemed the winner.
. Trivia – There will be three trivias throughout the day, and these are the chances that you’ll be most likely to win by sheer speed of fingers.
– The designated staff member(s) shall gather everyone around them. all participants must be naked (no gear equipped). All participants must then take a seat.
– The first person ON THE STAFF MEMBER’S SCREEN who types the correct answer (spelling included – capitalization isn’t needed) shall be given the prize money (or item).
– Maximum of 3 guesses per participant. If spamming occurs, the spammer will then be ignored by all staff members.
– When you see “-~-” typed by any of the staff members, stop typing, because the next question is about to be asked.
– If anyone types “-~-” and is not a staff member, will be immediately ignored, and thus disqualifying them from any further event.
. Naked Footrace – There will be two naked footraces throughout the day, where all participants will take off all gear and make it to the end point as such.
– NO WAYPOINTS ALLOWED – We will have staff members located at all waypoints from the start point to the finish point. If found that you used waypoints to finish faster, you will be ignored, thus disqualifying you from any further event.
– MUST BE NAKED – No armor allowed (CAN EQUIP WEAPONS) !! Abilities and Sigils (passives) are allowed however.
– The first one to make it to the end-point or the designated staff member shall be the winner.
– At the end of the footrace, all participants shall meet at the start-point to party up and move to the next area.
. Find The Corpse – There will be only one Find The Corpse Game throughout the duration of the day.
– The staff member shall die (how sad), and YOU have to find the corpse~!
– Waypoint are allowed
– There are no rules
– Hints will be given throughout the duration of the game
– Tyria is the playground
– First to find the corpse THAT IS CONFIRMED BY THE CORPSE, wins.
. Lottery Pull – This is entirely dependent on all of you – the participants.
– Each 50 silver that is given into the lottery pot (The Host), shall be one “ticket”. I will track how many tickets, and what numbers they are for each player that puts into the pot.
– There will be two Lottery Pulls at 1000P//1200C/1300E and 1200P//1400C//1500E. The more tickets you have, the more of a chance you have at winning the prize! But remember, it’s a lottery – so even the one who buys one could be the winner!
– All money WILL stay in host’s (my) inventory and shall be used ONLY for the Lottery Prize at the end of the event.
– Shall announce current Lottery funds every 15 minutes from 1000P//1200C//1300E and on.
– Will receive tickets during the whole length of the day
. Scavenger Hunt (End) – At the end of the day, All Beavah staff members shall check all participants’ scavenger hunt items.
– The participant with the most items wins.
– consolation prizes will be given to those who are close to the winner(s)
– If a tie occurs, grand prize shall be divvied between the winners.
. Lottery Prize – At the end of the day, I will use a random lotto program to enter the total amount of tickets received, and shall “roll the dice”. Whatever number the program decides is the lucky winner, shall be the winner of all the lotto prize money.
– That concludes the explanation of the games that will concur on November 8th, 2014 (subject to change)
– Open to suggestions but not subject to change –
——————–Below you will find the timeline for the games below——————